I aspire to growth. When I’m 80, I hope I’m still growing and that it will never be said of me that I am too “stuck in my ways” to welcome introspection, fresh thought, and a willingness to grow and change. There’s so much I still want to “grow.”
Still, there are a set of Core Values that I want to live by. Although I haven’t even begun to master them, having them ever before me helps to keep me centered. I reflect on them from time to time and add or update them as needed.
Reflect on what matters to the deepest part of you and consider developing your own Core Values list. Your Core Values don’t have to be stagnant, in fact they should grow just like you. Here are mine.
My Core Values
1. Relationships first. Nothing will ever matter more than the people in my life.
2. Be grateful in all things.
3. Live spiritually aware. Demonstrate my love for God by how I treat others (Galatians 5:14)
4. Collect more experiences and friends and less “things.”
5. Listen well – truly listen!! People deserve to be heard.
6. Take ownership for my life – accept full responsibility for my choices.
7. Live with curiosity and an open mind.
8. Receive others with kindness and grace.
9. Demonstrate compassion and generosity.
10. Walk with confidence and humility.
11. Pursue Wisdom.
12. Refrain from judgement.
13. Don’t hold grudges. Forgive readily, but….
14. Choose friends and acquaintances carefully.
15. Live mindful and undistracted.
16. Be Bold. Take chances and be willing to Fail Forward.